Notes for New Members
From Fox.Build Wiki
- Please read the Code of Conduct
- Please clean up after yourself - put your tools away and sweep up anything you've left on the floor (i.e. sawdust, metal filings, etc.).
- If you are making things to resell then you are expected to purchase the consumables.
- There are storage lockers located on each floor. First floor lockers are at the top of the stairs that lead to the basement. Second floor lockers are located in the north room next to the library. Lockers are first-come-first serve. Feel free to use any unoccupied locker - just put your name on it. Also, please remove your name when you are done with the locker.
- Most equipment has a QR code near it. The QR code points to a Wiki page with instructions and helpful information on using that piece of equipment. The woodshop has a notebook with the manuals for most of the machines.
- If you need to buy supplies for your project check out Sources for Parts, Supplies, and Consumables for a list of suppliers suggested by other members. (Feel free to suggest additions).
- The recommended WiFi network is "FOX.BUILD". You should have been given a password when you joined. Other networks may show up but are not recommended.
- Most of the Ethernet jacks on the first floor are active and provide up to 1G Ethernet.
- The public laser printer on the first floor is a Brother 8890dw.
- The public printer in the common area on the second floor is a HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 color printer.
- Any other printers visible on the network are in offices and are private.